Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Walking in the Sun with a Friend

Walking today with a dog and my friend was very nice. I get to hear so many great stories of people and happenings and enjoy the beautiful day, new flowers and the exercise. But when I got back I was reminded how fortunate I am because another friend is fighting a daily battle with cancer. She is so small and fragile and shuffles around her house. I wonder when the last time was that she walked around the block and felt the warm sun on her face. She has two young beautiful children and I wonder if she'll get to see them graduate from High School. Back in the day she could make anyone smile and had a bubbly generous personality. I see smiles once in awhile but the pain is etched into her face now. Her dog is walked by others, and sometimes getting out of bed is a huge struggle. So now I'm just watching my cat hiss at the dog out the window and knowing that I can walk around the block tomorrow watching the birds fly north and the new blossoms bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment