Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Getting ready for the Open House

So my oldest son Nathaniel just got married!!!! Well he got married on May 21st but it still feels like yesterday.  On Saturday we are having an Open House at Laura's backyard and preparations are really underway.  She has been hard at work on the yard and friends have popped over to loan her trees and plants and the kitchen looks busy.

I should have taken pictures of the table filled with rising rolls.  Tomorrow there will be salads and more desserts.  Yummy!
At my house there is a hallway that I've been filling with the treasures I've been stockpiling for the last 2 months (that's the time Nate gave me to put this on - March 5 to May 28th).  I've always found it much easier on everyone (as in Jeffrey) if I get items a few at a time instead of all at once.  The pocketbook shock is just too much.

I hate to admit, but I have piles of girls camp quilts, and boxes with day camp boys scouts too.  It's a wonder my family still likes me!  I do try to have really good meals lately.  It helps the stress levels of all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so glad you posted this I have misplaced our invitation and do not know the time? Jim invited some of the family to dinner here so I am hoping it is not around that time. It is my fault as I didn't get it right on the calendar! Shoot! I hope we can come but if not, we are so happy for all of you! You will be a fantastic mother-in-law. She is a lucky bride!

    ReplyDelete